Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brer Rabbit Tricks Brer Fox Again

The story of Brer Rabbit Tricks Brer Fox Again was humorous to me. Rabbit is trying to be lazy, so he sneaks off and gets himself in a sticky situation. Fox just happens to be curious and find that Rabbit is stuck in a well. Rabbit is really in trouble and can’t get out of the well, but he uses slick words to convince to Fox. Ultimately the Fox ends up in the well, and Rabbit runs and tells the others that Fox is making their water supply dirty. Fox cannot really pose an argument, because he was caught red handed in the bottom of the well. Although the Fox knows that he is not initially the character in the wrong, he has let the Rabbit trick him and get the best of him. I think the moral of this story is that you can’t trust everyone. Since the title of the story has “again” in it; it would seem that the fox wouldn’t show much trust in the rabbit after he tricked him the first time. I think this story can be related to the old cliché “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”. The Fox has clearly been bamboozled.

No comments:

Post a Comment